By Holly Covey
I blog for Eventing Nation and Horse Junkies United, as well as horse-themed thoughts here. I’ve also started a personal, non-horse blog that focuses on food, recipes, and family history at Forever Elsie.
If you want to see some of the things I’ve written recently, check out these links:
Forever Elsie Recipes Family history and recipes
Eventing Nation Almost 80 blogs, Article Views 88,600 plus; 2017, 2016, 2015
Horse Junkies United I’ve been writing for this site since it’s inception. (2010 – to date) Here’s a few favorites:
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Shadbelly
- Lucky’s Take On Going Away
- And the blog that went around the world, “We Risk, We Ride, We Love This Sport,” with over 55,000 reads.
- Horse Junkies United: A Year of Making The Ordinary Extraordinary (contributing author, “Brrr – Bummer Winter…” pg. 171; “How To Spot An Honest, Caring OTTB Re-homer,” pg. 187; “The Firefighter Event – My Memories of Amy Tryon,” pg. 199) By Horse Junkies United, 2012
- The Ultimate Guide To Pampering Your Horse (contributing author, “H20 Facts”, pgs. 52, 53, 55) by June V. Evers, 1996
- The Original Book of Horse Treats (contributing author, “Marguerite Henry’s Misty of Chincoteague Oat Cake, pg. 43) by June V. Evers, 1994
- Quarter Horse Northwest (monthly magazine, published in Yakima, WA. 1986-1988) out of circulation
- Mid Atlantic Horse Events (monthly magazine, published in Harrington, DE, 1994-1999) out of circulation
I have published articles in equestrian magazines for over 30 years, most having to do with equestrian competition, the people who deal with competition horses, news in the horse world, and opinion pieces concerned with horses and equestrians. (Equus Magazine, Horse and Hound UK, The Chronicle Of The Horse, Lariat Magazine, Quarter Horse Journal, Western Horseman, California Thoroughbred, etc.)
In 1986, my interview with renowned author Christine Picavet was judged a Top Ten Article of the Year at weekly equestrian magazine, “The Chronicle Of The Horse”.
I have had my writing presented to President Ronald Reagan; HRH Prince Phillip; and was given the last interview with award winning children’s book author Marguerite Henry prior to her death. I also wrote copy published in the official 1984 Olympic Equestrian Event program.
Business Website containing articles on my hobby of cross-country course decoration: eventhorse.net
Winner, Streetdelivery.com photo contest, 2014 and 2013